Composition: Each 1 ml. contains: Florfenicol 300 mg.
Florfenicol is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that has activity against many bacteria. It acts by binding to 50S ribosome, thereby inhibiting bacterial protein synthesis. Florfenicol has activity against gram-positive bacteria such as Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococci and gram-negative bacteria such as Pasteurella multocida, Pasteurella haemolytica and Histophilus somni.
FLORICOL Injection is indicated for the treatment of:
• Respiratory tract infections caused by Pasteurella multocida, Pasteurella haemolytica and Histophilus somni in cattle.
• Respiratory tract infections caused by Pasteurella multocida and Pasteurella haemolytica in sheep.
TARGET SPECIES: Cattle and sheep.
- By IM route: 1 ml FLORICOL Injection per 15 kg B.wt. twice 48 hours apart.
- By SC route: 2 ml FLORICOL Injection per 15 kg B.wt. once only. (This dose can be used for prevention purpose).
- By IM route: 1 ml FLORICOL Injection per 15 kg B.wt. daily for 3 days.
- Not used for adult bulls and rams intended for breeding purposes.
- Not used for lactating animals producing milk for human consumption.
- A decrease in food consumption may occur.
- Inflammatory lesions at injection sites.
- The dose volume given at any injection site should not exceed 10 ml.
- Cattle: By IM route: 30 days. By SC route: 44 days.
- Sheep: 39 days.
Packs: 10, 20, 50 & 100 ml. sterile injection bottles.