Paramectin Super injection
Composition : Each 1 ml contains:
- Ivermectin 10 mg.
- Clorsulon 100 mg.
Ivermectin is an endectocide with activity against a wide range of internal and external parasites. It enhances the release of gamma amino butyric acid (GABA) at presynaptic neurons. GABA acts as an inhibitory neurotransmitter and blocks the post-synaptic stimulation of the adjacent neuron in nematodes or the muscle fiber in arthropods. By stimulating the release of GABA, ivermectin causes paralysis of the parasite and eventual death.
Clorsulon inhibits the glycolytic enzymes 3-phosphoglycerate kinase and phosphoglyceromutase, thereby blocking the Emden-Myerhof glycolytic pathway. The fluke is deprived of its main metabolic energy source and dies.
Paramectin Super is used for the treatment and control of following parasites in cattle.
Liver Fluke: Adult Fasciola hepatica.
– Adult and fourth stage larvae of Ostertagia spp., Haemonchus placei, Trichostrongylus spp., Cooperia spp., Oesophagostomum spp., Chabertia ovina.
– Adult stages of Strongyloides papillosus, Nematodirus spp. and Trichuris spp.
Lungworms (Adult and fourth stage larvae): Dictyocaulus viviparus.
Eye Worms (Adult): Thelazia spp.
Warbles: Hypoderma bovis, Hypoderma lineatum.
Lice: Linognathus vituli, Haematopinus eurysternus and Solenopotes capillatus.
Mange Mites: Sarcoptes scabiei var. bovis and Psoroptes bovis.
Target Species: Cattle.
Dose: 1 ml of Paramectin Super per 50 kg body weight as a single dose by subcutaneous injection.
- Discomfort may be observed in animals following subcutaneous administration.
- Swelling at the injection site may be occurring.
- Not to be used in animals producing milk for human consumption.
- Not to be used in animals with hypersensitivity to ivermectin.
- Not for intravenous or intramuscular use.
Warnings & Precautions:
- Care should be taken to avoid the too frequent and repeated use of anthelmintics from the same class and underdosing because they increase the risk of development of resistance.
- Meat: 66 days.
Storage: Store at temperature not exceeding 30ºC.
Packs: 10, 20, 50 & 100 ml. sterile injection bottles.