Each 1 ml contains:
- Sulphadiazine sodium 200 mg (Eq. to Sulphadiazine base 183.85 mg)
- Trimethoprim 40 mg
Colitrim injection is indicated for cattle, horses, dogs and cats for the treatment of:
- Respiratory tract infections such as rhinitis, pneumonia, bronchitis.
- Urogenital tract infections including cystitis, vaginitis, urethritis, nephritis and metritis.
- Alimentary tract infections as neonatal diarrhea and salmonellosis.
- Cattle: 1 ml Colitrim injection per 15 kg bodyweight by intramuscular or slow intravenous injection.
- Horses: 1 ml Colitrim injection per 15 kg bodyweight by slow intravenous injection.
- Dogs – Cats: 1 ml Colitrim injection per 7.5 kg body weight by subcutaneous injection.
A single injection may be sufficient in uncomplicated conditions, but in severe infections, it may be repeated daily for up to 5 days.
- Not used for animals showinghypersensitivity to sulphonamides.
- Not used for animals with severe liver parenchymal damage.
- Not used for animals with severe kidney disease or blood dyscrasias.
- Not used in lactating cattle.
- Transient local reactions at the site of injection.
- Cattle meat: 12 days.
Store at temperature not exceeding 30°C