Each 1 ml contains:
- Calcium gluconate 230 mg (Eq. to 21.4 mg calcium)
- Magnesium chloride hexahydrate 45 mg (Eq. to 5.4 mg Magnesium)
- Sodium hypophosphite monohydrate 34.3 mg (Eq. to 7.4 mg sodium)
- Potassium chloride 2.0 mg (Eq. to 1.05 mg potassium)
- Dextrose monohydrate 250 mg
For the treatment of simple and complicated cases of parturient paresis ( milk fever ) and hypomagnesemic tetany ( grass tetany ) in cattle.
For I/V and S/C injection only
- 250 – 500 ml Canimag-P per adult cow.
- The solution should be warmed and given slowly ( over 10 – 20 min. )
- Septic toxemia.
- Rapid I/V injection.
- Calcium injection causes myocardial irritation, pulse should be monitored during therapy and treatment stopped temporarily when increased.
- Strict asepsis should be applied at injection site.
- Cases of severe toxemia (diffuse peritonitis and coliform mastitis) may die if treatment with calcium and magnesium intravenously.
- Examination of udder and abdomen should be applied before treatment.
Store at temperature not exceeding 30 C