Each 1 gm contains:
Amoxicillin trihydrate 800 mg
(Eq. to amoxicillin 697 mg)
Amoxitryl forte is indicated for treatment of :
- Necrotic enteritis caused by Clostridium perfringens.
- Staphylococcosis caused by Staphylococcus spp.
- Streptococcosis caused by Streptococcus spp.
- Fowl cholera caused by Pasteurella multocida.
Used by dissolving in drinking water:
- 2 gm Amoxitryl forte / 10 liters of drinking water for 3 – 5 days
- Not used in laying birds producing eggs for human consumption.
- Do not use in known cases of hypersensitivity to penicillin or other substances of the beta-lactam group.
- Amoxicillin exerts its bactericidal action by inhibition of bacterial cell wall synthesis during multiplication, it’s therefore in principle not compatible with bacteriostatic antibiotics (e.g. tetracyclines) which inhibit multiplication.
- May cause hypersensitivity following administration.
- Allergic reactions to these substances may occasionally be serious.
- 2 days for meat (Not used in layer)
Store at temperature not exceeding 30 C in dry place.