Each 1 gm contains:
- Doxycycline Hyclate 500 mg (Eq. to Doxycycline base 433 mg)
Doxin forte is indicated for treatment of Treatment of respiratory tract infections associated with Mycoplasma gallisepticum.
Used by dissolving in drinking water
- Broiler Chickens & Turkeys : 1 gm Doxin forte per 5 liters of drinking water daily for 3 – 5 consecutive days
- Used only in broiler chickens and not used for 10 days before slaughtering
- Don’t use in laying chickens and turkeys producing eggs for human consumption
- Don’t use in cases of hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipients
- Do not use when tetracycline resistance has been detected in the herd/flock due to the potential for cross-resistance.
- Do not use in animals with impaired liver or kidney function.
- Tetracyclines may in very rare cases induce photosensitivity and allergic reactions.
- Do not administer concurrently with feed overloaded with polyvalent cations such as Ca2+, Mg2+, Zn2+ and Fe3+ because the formation of doxycycline complexes with these cations is possible. It is advised that the interval between administration of other products containing polyvalent cations should be 1-2 hours because they limit the absorption of tetracycline.
- Do not administer together with antacids, kaolin or iron preparations.
- Do not administer in conjunction with bactericidal antibiotics such as beta- lactames as tetracyclines are bacteriostatic antimicrobials.
- Doxycycline increases the action of anticoagulants.
- Broiler chicken: 10 days
- Turkey: 12 days
Store at temp. not exceeding 30°C in dry place