Each 1 ml contains:
- Dexamethasone sodium phosphate 2 mg (Eq. to 1.52 mg Dexamethasone)
Dexaphan is indicated in:
- Inflammatory conditions associated with musculoskeletal conditions as arthritis and dermatitis in cattle, horses, dogs and cats.
- Intravenous therapy in cases where emergency treatment is indicated, particularly shock and circulatory collapse, fog fever, acute mastitis and burns in cattle, horses, dogs and cats Acetonaemia (ketosis) in cattle that Dexaphan has glucogenic effect.
By intravenous or intramuscular injection.
- Cattle – Horses : 1 ml Dexaphan / 25 kg b.wt
- Cats – Dogs : 1 ml Dexaphan / 10 kg b.wt
- Do not use in animals with renal disease and diabetes mellitus.
- Gastrointestinal ulceration has been reported.
- Steroids may cause enlargement of the liver (hepatomegaly) with increased serum hepatic enzymes.
- In the presence of viral infections, steroids may worsen or hasten the progress of the disease.
- Dosage in medium to long-term use should therefore generally be kept to the minimum necessary to control symptoms.
- In the presence of bacterial infection, antibacterial drug cover is usually required when steroids are used.
- Not used in newly born pet animals.
- Meat :21 days
- Milk: 3 days
Store at temperature not exceed 30°C.