Each 1 ml contains:
- Amikacin 250 mg (as sulphate)
Amikanswede is used in dogs for treatment of genitourinary tract infections (cystitis) caused by susceptible strains of Escherichia coli and Proteus species and skin and soft tissue infections caused by susceptible strains of Pseudomonas species and E. coli.
Route of administration: intramuscularly or subcutaneously
- 0.5 ml Amikanswede/ kg b.wt administrated intramuscularly or subcutaneously for 7 day.
- Contraindicated in animals with hypersensitivity to amikacin
- Vestibular or auditory ototoxicity, and nephrotoxicity may occur.
- Because aminoglycosides can cause irreversible ototoxicity, they should be used with caution in working dogs.
- Used with cautions in animals with renal diseases.
Store at temperature not exceeding 30 C.