Composition: Each 1 ml. contains:
- Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride 20 mg.
Properties : Diphenhydramine is an antihistaminic substance. It acts like other antihistamines through inhibition of histamine at H1 receptors.
It is also has substantial sedative, anticholinergic, antitussive, and antiemetic effects.
- Histacure has a sedative effect so it is used for the treatment of agitation like pruritis associated with allergic
- It is used as adjunctive treatment of aseptic laminitis in cattle.
- It has been used for treatment and prevention of motion sickness and as an antiemetic in small animals.
Target Species: Horses, Cattle, Dogs and Cats.
Dosage and administration :
- Horses: 1.25 – 5 ml HISTACURE per 100 kg body weight by IV or IM injection.
- Cattle: 2.5 – 5 ml HISTACURE per 100 kg body weight by IV or IM injection.
- Dogs and Cats: 0.5 – 1 ml HISTACURE per 5 kg body weight / 12 hours by IM injection.
- Hypersensitivity to diphenhydramine or other antihistamines in its class.
Side Effects& Warnings :
- CNS depression and anticholinergic effects like dry mouth and urine retention.
- GIT disturbance like diarrhea, vomiting and anorexia may be occurring.
Withdrawal Time: 10 days for meat and 36 hours for milk
Packs: 10, 20, 50 & 100 ml. sterile injection bottles.