Composition: Each pack (110 gm) contains:
- Tylosin Tartrate 110 gm. ( Equivalent to Tylosin Base 100 g.)
Tylosin is one of the macrolide antibiotics. It acts through inhibiting protein synthesis by binding with 50S ribosomal subunits. Tylosin is a bacteriostatic antibiotic act against Gram-positive bacteria, Spirochaetes including leptospira and mainly against mycoplasmas isolated from chickens and turkeys.
Indications: Tylovet is used in the treatment of:
- Chronic respiratory disease (CRD) caused by Mycoplasma gallisepticum and Mycoplasma synoviae sensitive to tylosin in broiler and replacement chickens.
- Chronic respiratory disease (CRD) caused by Mycoplasma gallisepticum sensitive to tylosin at time of vaccination or other stress in chickens.
- As an aid in the control of necrotic enteritis caused by Clostridia perfringens in chickens.
- Infectious sinusitis caused by Mycoplasma gallisepticum sensitive to tylosin in turkeys.
Dosage: To be added to drinking water.
Broiler Chickens and turkeys: 55 gm Tylovet / 100 litres of drinking water for 3 – 5 days.
- Broiler Chickens : 1 day.
- Turkey : 5 days.
- May induce diarrhea.
Contra-indication & Warnings:
- Not to be used in layers producing eggs for human consumption.
Packs:110, 550 & 1100 gm