Composition: Each 1 ml contains:
- Tulathromycin 100 mg.
Tulathromycin belongs to macrolide antibiotics, which have antibacterial action by inhibition of protein synthesis by binding to the 50S ribosomal subunit of microorganisms. Tulathromycin acts against gram negative activity compared to other drugs in this group so it is active against Pasteurella haemolytica and Pasteurella multocida. It is also has a good activity against Mycoplasma bovis and Moraxella bovis.
Target Species: Cattle.
Indications : Tulathroswede is indicated for:
- Treatment of bovine respiratory disease (BRD) in cattle caused by Pasteurella multocida, Pasteurella haemolytica and Mycoplasma bovis.
- Treatment of infectious bovine keratoconjunctivitis (IBK) in cattle caused by Moraxella bovis.
- Treatment of bovine footrot in cattle caused by Fusobacterium necrophorum.
Dosage and administration:
1 ml Tulathroswede / 40 kg body weight as a single dose by subcutaneous injection.
Contra-indication & warnings:
- Hypersensitivity to macrolides.
- Concurrent use with other macrolides or lincosamides.
- Not to be used in lactating cattle producing milk for human consumption.
Side effects :
- Transient reaction at the injection site.
Withdrawal Time :
- Meat : 22 days.
Packs: 10, 20, 50 and 100 ml