Oxyvet Pharma 20% L.A (Spectropan 20% L.A) injection
Composition : Each 1 ml contains:
- Oxytetracycline dihydrate 215.7 mg. (Equivalent to 200 mg oxytetracycline)
Properties: Oxytetracycline belongs to tetracyclines which act as bacteriostatic antibiotics and inhibit protein synthesis by reversibly binding to 30S ribosomal subunits of susceptible organisms, thereby preventing binding to those ribosomes of aminoacyl transfer-RNA. Oxytetracycline is active against wide range of microorganisms including Gram-positive bacteria such as Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp., Actinomyces spp., Bacillus anthracis and Clostridium spp. and Gram-negative bacteria such as Bordetella spp., Brucella, Haemophilus spp., Pasteurella multocida, Shigella, and Yersinia pestis. It is also active against Mycoplasma, spirochetes, Chlamydia, Rickettsia, Anaplasma and Listeria monocytogenes.
Indications: Oxyvet-Pharma 20% L.A Inj. is indicated for treatment of:
- Shipping fever pneumonia cause by Pasteurella multocida and Pasteurella haemolytica in cattle.
- Infectious bovine keratoconjunctivitis in cattle caused by Moraxella bovis.
- Navel/joint ill caused by Actinomyces pyogenes, E. coli and Staphylococcus aureus in cattle and sheep.
- Mastitis caused by Actinomyces pyogenes, E. coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus agalactiae, or Streptococcus uberis in cattle and sheep.
- Metritis caused by E. coli or Streptococcus pyogenes in cattle and sheep.
- Septicemia caused by Salmonella dublin and Streptococcus pyogenes in cattle and sheep.
- Erysipelas caused by Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae in cattle and sheep.
- Control of enzootic abortion in sheep caused by Chlamydia psittaci.
Target species: Cattle and Sheep.
Dosage and administration:
by deep intramuscular injection.
1 ml Oxyvet-Pharma 20% L.A Inj. / 10 kg body weight as a single dose.
- Hypersensitivity to tetracyclines.
- Not used in sheep producing milk for human consumption.
- May cause vomiting and diarrhea.
- Transient swelling at site of injection.
- Care with use in animals with renal or hepatic impairment.
- Cattle : Meat : 31 days. Milk : 10 days.
- Sheep: Meat : 9 days. Milk : 7 days.
Packs: 10, 20, 50 & 100 ml. sterile injection bottles.