Spectropan -10 injection
Composition: Each 1 ml contains:
Oxytetracycline HCl 107.93 mg.
(Equiv. to Oxytetracycline base 100 mg.)
Oxytetracycline is a broad spectrum bacteriostatic antibiotic. It acts through inhibiting protein synthesis by binding with 30S ribosomal subunits. Oxytetracycline is active against wide range of Gram-positive and Gram negative organisms. It is also active against Mycoplasma, Ehrlichia, Rickettsia, Chlamydia and Anaplasma.
Treatment of infections caused by oxytetracycline sensitive organisms as:
- Shipping fever pneumonia cause by Pasteurella spp in cattle.
- Pneumonia caused by Pasteurella haemolytica in sheep.
- Bacterial Enteritis (scours) caused by E. coli in cattle.
- Calf Diphtheria caused by Fusobacterium necrophorum.
- Wooden Tongue in cattle and sheep caused by Actinobacillus lignieresii.
- Anaplasmosis caused by Anaplasma marginale in cattle.
- Theileriosis caused by Theileria parva in cattle.
- Wound infections, acute metritis and traumatic injury caused by oxytetracycline-susceptible strains of
streptococcal and staphylococcal organisms.
Target Species: Cattle, Sheep & Calves.
Dose: By Intramuscular or Intravenous injections.
0.5 ml Spectropan-10 per 10 kg B.Wt for 3 – 5 days.
- Not to be used in sheep producing milk for human consumption.
- Last 2 – 3 weeks of gestation in pregnant animals and up to 4 weeks of age in neonates.
- May cause slight diarrhea.
- Transient swelling at site of injection.
- Care with use in animals with renal or hepatic impairment.
- Cattle: Milk : 2.5 days. Meat : 15 days.
- Sheep: Meat : 21 days.
Packs: 50, 100, 250 & 500 ml.