Phospho Tonic injection
Composition:Each 1 ml. contains:
- Toldimfos sodium 200 mg. Equiv. 14% phosphorus ( 28 mg phosphorus )
Properties : Toldimfos is considered one of phosphorus salts that used for the treatment and prevention of hypophosphataemia in cattle and dogs.
Indications : PHOSPHO – TONIC is used for the treatment of :
- Skeletal defects, rickets and osteomalacia or promotion of rapid union in fractures, particularly when associated with Vitamin D therapy.
- Post-parturient paresis, lactation tetany and grass tetany caused by disorders of calcium, magnesium and phosphorus metabolism.
- General metabolic disorders and debility, whether during convalescence or the result of nutritional disorders.
- PHOSPHO – TONIC may be useful after difficult parturition, in debility of the newborn and in deficiency syndromes in cattle and dogs of all ages.
• Acute hypophosphataemia : By subcutaneous, intramuscular or intravenous injection.
Cattle : 10 – 25 ml PHOSPHO – TONIC as a single dose.
Dogs : 1 – 3 ml PHOSPHO – TONIC as a single dose.
Dosage must be repeated according to clinical effect.
In severe cases: for rapid absorption, the dose is given as half by intravenous injection and half by intramuscular or subcutaneous injection.
• Chronic hypophosphataemia : By subcutaneous or intramuscular.
Cattle : 2.5 – 5 ml PHOSPHO – TONIC every 2 days for 5 – 10 doses.
Dogs : 1 – 2 ml PHOSPHO – TONIC every 2 days for 5 – 10 doses.
- Not to be used in cases of
- Avoid perivascular injection.
Withdrawal periods : Meat : Nil. Milk : Nil.
Packs: 10, 20, 30, 50, 100, 250 & 500 ml.