Composition:Each 1 ml. contains: Ivermectin 10 mg.
Ivermectin is an endectocide with activity against a wide range of internal and external parasites. It enhances the release of gamma amino butyric acid (GABA) at presynaptic neurons. GABA acts as an inhibitory neurotransmitter and blocks the post-synaptic stimulation of the adjacent neuron in nematodes or the muscle fiber in arthropods. By stimulating the release of GABA, ivermectin causes paralysis of the parasite and eventual death.
Paramectin is used for the treatment and control of following parasites in cattle and sheep.
- Gastrointestinal roundworms:Adult and fourth stage larvae of Ostertagia spp., Haemonchus placei, Trichostrongylus spp., Cooperia spp., Oesophagostomum spp., Chabertia ovina. Adult stages of Strongyloides papillosus, Nematodirus spp. and Trichuris spp.
- Lungworms (Adult and fourth stage larvae): Dictyocaulus viviparus.
- Eye Worms (Adult): Thelazia spp.
- Warbles: Hypoderma bovis, Hypoderma lineatum.
- Lice: Linognathus vituli, Haematopinus eurysternus and Solenopotes capillatus.
- Mange Mites: Sarcoptes scabiei var. bovis and Psoroptes ovis.
Target Species: Cattle and Sheep.
Dose: Route of administration: S/C.
1 ml of PARAMECTIN per 50 kg body weight as a single dose by subcutaneous injection.
- Discomfort may be observed in animals following subcutaneous administration.
- Swelling at the injection site may be occurring.
- Not to be used in animals producing milk for human consumption.
- Not to be used in animals with hypersensitivity to ivermectin.
- Not for I/V or I/M use.
Warnings & Precautions:
- Care should be taken to avoid the too frequent and repeated use of anthelmintics from the same class and underdosing because they increase the risk of development of resistance.
- Meat for Cattle: 49 days.
- Meat for sheep: 37 days.
Packs: 10, 20, 50 & 100 ml. sterile injection bottles.