Composition: Each Bolus (4 gm.) contains:
- Albendazole 0.25 gm.
Albendazole is a broad spectrum anthelmintic against roundworms, lungworms, tapeworms and adult fasciola in cattle and sheep. It belongs to benzimidazoles which act by interrupting parasite energy metabolism by binding to tubulin, thereby disrupting microtubular cell structure and preventing nutrient uptake and other functions.
Target Species: Cattle & Sheep.
Parabenzole is indicated for the treatment of:
- Roundworms infestation by Bunostomum, Chabertia, Cooperia, Haemonchus, Nematodirus, Oesophagostomum, Teladorsagia (Ostertagia), Strongyloides and Trichostrongylus spp affecting cattle & sheep.
- Lungworms infestation by Dictyocaulus spp affecting cattle and sheep.
- Tapeworms infestation by Moniezia spp affecting cattle and sheep.
- Flukes infestation by adult Fasciola hepatica affecting cattle and sheep.
Dose: ( To be given orally as a single dose ).
Sheep: For Roundworms and Tapeworms : 1 bolus / 50 kg. B.wt.
For Adult flukes : 1 bolus / 33 kg. B.wt.
Cattle: For Roundworms and Tapeworms : 1 bolus / 33 kg. B.wt.
For Adult flukes : 1 bolus / 25 kg. B.wt.
- Should not be used in sheep producing milk for human consumption.
- Not to be used concurrently with other ruminal boluses.
- Should not be used in ewes at a dosage of 7.5 mg / 1 kg during the mating period and until 1 month after rams are removed.
Coughing for some weeks after treatment in cattle suffering from severe lung damage at time of treatment.
- Operators should wear suitable protective clothing.
- Care should be taken to avoid exceed « fluke and worm dose » in cows during first month of pregnancy.
- Meat : Nil.
- Milk: Nil.
Packs: 32 & 64 Bolus / Box.