Oxyvet Pharma WSP
Composition: Each 1 gm. contains: Oxytetracycline HCl 200 mg.
Properties :Oxytetracycline is a wide spectrum antimicrobial agent, belongs to tetracyclines group that possess antimicrobial activity by binding to the 30S ribosomal subunit of susceptible organisms.
Oxytetracycline acts against wide range of Gram-positive and Gram-negative organisms. It is also effective against Mycoplasma, Rickettsia, Chlamydia and Anaplasma.
Oxyvet-Pharma is indicated for the treatment of Chronic respiratory disease (CRD) caused by Mycoplasma gallisepticum, Infectious coryza caused by Haemophilus paragallinarum, Pullorum disease caused by Salmonella pullorum, Fowl typhoid caused by Salmonella gallinarum in broiler chickens & turkey. Also used for treatment of Necrotic enteritis caused by Clostridium perfringens in calves, broiler chickens & turkey and Bacterial enteritis caused by Salmonella typhimurium and E. coli (Colibacillosis) in Calves.
Dose: To be added to drinking water.
- Calves: 0.5 – 1 gm Oxyvet-Pharma / 10 kg B.Wt. for 3 – 5 days.
- Broiler chickens & Turkey: 0.5 – 1.5 gm Oxyvet-Pharma / litre of drinking water for 3 – 5 days.
- Not used for poultry producing egg for human consumption
- animals with functional rumen
- animals showing hypersensitivity to oxytetracycline.
Side-effects & Warnings :
- Rarely gastrointestinal disturbance.
- Broiler chickens & Turkey: 7 days.
- Calves: 10 days.
Packs: 20, 100, 500 & 1000 gm.