Newcin 20% WSP
Composition : Each 1g. contains:
- Neomycin Sulphate 285.7 mg.(Equivalent to Neomycin 200 mg.)
Properties: Neomycin is a broad spectrum antibiotic belonging to Aminoglycosides that acts by binding to 30S subunit of bacterial ribosome. It is effective against a wide range of bacteria including E. coli, Klebsiella,
Haemophilus, Pseudomonas, Proteus, Salmonella, Shigella and Staphylococci. It is poorly absorbed from the gastro-intestinal tract, therefore it is used for gastro-intestinal infections and hepatic encephalopathy.
Newcin 20% is indicated for the treatment of:
Enteritis and diarrhea caused by Salmonella spp. and E. coli in poultry, turkeys, calves, lambs and foals.
Dosage: To be added to drinking water.
1 gm Newcin 20% / 2 liter of drinking water for 3 – 5 days (10 mg Neomycin / kg.BWt).
- Animals showing hypersensitivity to Aminoglycosides.
- Not to be used in animals with functional rumen.
Side effects & Warnings:
- Rarely cause ototoxicity, nephrotoxicity, diarrhea and intestinal malabsorption.
- Calves & lambs: Meat : 30 days.
- Broilers : 5 days.
- Layers & breeders : 14 days.
Packs: 100, 500 & 1000 gm.