Newcin Plus WSP
Composition: Each 100 gm contains:
Neomycin Sulfate 20 gm. (Equivalent to neomycin 14 gm)
Oxytetracycline HCl 20 gm. (Equivalent to Oxytetracycline 18.53 gm)
Properties: Neomycin is a broad spectrum antibiotic belonging to Aminoglycosides that acts by binding to 30S subunit of bacterial ribosome. It is effective against a wide range of e bacteria including E. coli, Klebsiella, Haemophilus, Pseudomonas, Proteus, Salmonella, Shigella and Staphylococci. It is poorly absorbed from the gastro-intestinal tract; therefore it is used for gastro-intestinal infections.
Oxytetracycline is wide spectrum antimicrobial agent, belongs to tetracyclines group that possess antimicrobial activity by binding to the 30S ribosomal subunit of susceptible organisms.
Oxytetracycline is active against wide range of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria such as Staphylococcus, Clostridium spp., E.coli, Salmonella spp., Haemophilus spp. and Pasteurella spp. It is also active against Mycoplasma, Rickettsia, and Chlamydia.
Indications: Newcin plus is indicated for the treatment of:
In broiler chickens and turkeys:
- Chronic respiratory disease (CRD) caused by Mycoplasma gallisepticum.
- Colibacillosis caused by E. coli.
- Infectious coryza caused by Haemophilus paragallinarum.
- Infectious synovitis caused by Mycoplasma synoviae.
- Pullorum disease caused by Salmonella pullorum.
- Necrotic enteritis caused by Clostridium perfringens.
- Bacterial enteritis (scours) caused by E. coli.
Dose: To be added to drinking water.
Broiler chickens & turkeys: 2 – 4 gm Newcin plus / 4.5 litres water for 3 – 5 days.
Calves: 2 gm Newcin plus in 60 ml water or milk substitute per 45 kg body weight for 4 – 5 days.
• May cause vomiting and diarrhea.
Contra-indication & Warnings:
• Animals showing hypersensitivity to Aminoglycosides.
• Not used for animals with functional rumen.
• Not used for broiler chickens producing egg for human consumption.
Withdrawal Time: Calves: 30 days. Broiler chickens: 7 days. Turkeys: 14 days.
Storage: Store at temp. not exceeding 30ºC in dry place & to be used immediately after opening & reconstitution.