Composition: Each 1 ml contains:
Amprolium HCl 240 mg. ( Equiv. to Amprolium base 212.2 mg. )
Ethopabate 15 mg.
Properties: Amprolium competitively inhibits thiamine utilization by the parasite. Amprolium reportedly acts primarily upon the first generation schizont in the cells of the intestinal wall, preventing differentiation of the metrozoites. It may also suppress the sexual stages and sporulation of the oocysts. Ethopabate affects the folic acid PABA pathway of the parasite so the combination provides a good efficacy against parasites.
Indications: AMPROXIN – E is indicated for the treatment of:
• Coccidiosis in poultry caused by Eimeria tenella and E. acervulina.
• Coccidiosis in turkeys caused by Eimeria meleagrimitis and E. adenoeides.
• Coccidiosis In calves caused by Eimeria bovis and E. zurnii.
• Coccidiosis In lambs caused by Eimeria crandallis and E. ovinoidalis.
Target Species: Poultry , turkeys, calves & lambs.
Dose: To be added to drinking water.
• Poultry & turkeys: 1ml AMPROXIN – E per 17.5 kg B.Wt. for 5 – 7 days.
• Calves: 1ml AMPROXIN – E per 21 kg B.Wt. for 5 days.
• Lambs: 1ml AMPROXIN – E per 4.25 kg B.Wt. for 4 – 5 days.
Side effects: Prolonged high dosages cause thiamine deficiency.
Contra-indication & Warnings:
• Excessive thiamine in the diet can reduce or reverse the antcioccidial activity of the drug.
• Not to be used in chickens producing eggs for human consumptoin.
• Meat for calves & lambs: 24 hours. •Poultry & turkeys : Nil.
Packs: 100, 500 ml & 1 Liter