Amproxin (50%) WSP
Composition: Each 1 gm. contains: Amprolium HCl 500 mg.
Properties: Amprolium competitively inhibits thiamine utilization by the parasite. Amprolium reportedly acts primarily upon the first generation schizont in the cells of the intestinal wall, preventing differentiation of the metrozoites. It may also suppress the sexual stages and sporulation of the oocysts.
Amproxin 50% is used for the treatment and prevention of :
- Coccidiosis in broiler chickens caused by Eimeria tenella and E. acervulina.
- Coccidiosis in turkeys caused by Eimeria meleagrimitis and E. adenoeides.
- Coccidiosis In calves caused by Eimeria bovis and E. zurnii.
- Coccidiosis In sheep caused by Eimeria crandallis and E. ovinoidalis.
Target Species: Broiler chickens, turkeys, calves and sheep.
Broiler chickens & turkeys:
- Prevention: 25 gm. Amproxin 50% per 100 liters of drinking water for 7 – 14 days.
- Treatment: 50 gm. Amproxin 50% per 100 liters of drinking water for 5 – 7 days.
- Prevention: 1 gm. Amproxin 50% per 88.42 kg B.Wt for 21 days.
- Treatment: 1 gm. Amproxin 50% per 45 kg B.Wt for 5 days.
- Treatment: 1 gm. Amproxin 50% per 25 Kg B.Wt for 5 days.
- Prolonged high dosages cause thiamine deficiency.
Contra-indication & Warnings:
- Excessive thiamine in the diet can reduce or reverse the anticoccidial activity of the drug.
- It shouldn’t be used in calves processed for veal.
- Don’t administer to turkeys before the age of 8 – 10 weeks.
- Calves & sheep : 5 days.
- Broiler chickens & Turkeys : 3 days.
- Eggs of laying hens : 10 days.
Packs: 100, 500 & 1000 gm