Composition: Each 1 gm. contains:
- Ampicillin trihydrate 200 mg. (Equivalent to ampicillin base 174 mg)
PROPERTIES: Ampicillin trihydrate is a broad-spectrum semi-synthetic penicillin, with a bactericidal action against a wide range of gram negative and gram positive bacteria. Ampicillin impairs the development of bacterial cell walls by interfering with transpeptidase enzymes responsible for the formation of the cross-links between peptidoglycan strands.
Indications : AMPICURE is indicated for treatment of infections caused by ampicillin sensitive bacteria such as; respiratory, gastro-intestinal and urinary infections in poultry and non-ruminating calves, kids and lambs.
Dosage and administration:
- Poultry: 1.25 gram of AMPICURE / 10 kg. B.Wt. to be added to drinking water (1.25 gram of AMPICURE / litre of drinking water) / day for 3 – 5 days.
- Non-ruminating calves, kids and lambs: 1.25 gram of AMPICURE /20 kg. B.Wt. / day to be dissolved in water and given orally for 3 – 5 days.
- Animals and poultry should not be slaughtered for human consumption within 5 days from last treatment.
- Ruminating animals.
- Known hypersensitivity.
- Combinations with bacteriostatic compounds.
- Laying hens.
Packs: 100, 500 & 1000 gm.